Health Apps-Where do they make sense?, a white paper published March 2014 and based on a seminar held at the King’s Fund, London, 28 October 2013, summarizes issues related to health apps from the perspectives of patients, standards, and policies.
The seminar’s five key messages:
- Overhauling healthcare systems–making them patient-centric
- Engaging doctors in the prescribing of health apps
- Overseeing quality standards for health apps
- Ensuring that health apps remain of a high standard throughout their lifetime
- Considerations for policymakers wishing to oversee health apps
While the context was British healthcare, the messages are easily translated to U.S. and Canadian patients, providers, and healthcare.